Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Welcome to a blog about the trashy side Of European Cinema. When I created the magazine EUROPEAN TRASH CINEMA back in 1988, it received heavy criticism for using the term "TRASH" in regard to films. Well, the dumb asses never figured out I was being IRONIC when I used eurotrash. I was laughing at all the critics and snobs who thumbed their noses at genre cinema. Of course now it's trendy to gush about genre cinema, but back then, we were considered degenerates for liking that stuff (look how long it took the Italians to embrace their own). Here I will muse about what has captured my fancy of late and dwell in the past decades of foreign cinema. I will concentrate on Italy, Spain and France but will venture from time to time into Eastern Europe and other places of interest.

1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend. Good to see you back at it. In those glory days of fanzines like ETC,we were walking the high wire without a net. We didn't have the research tools available to us now like the internet. I remember getting a hernia paging through the massive 1960's American Film Institute catalog for info. And I'm still a degenerate. Take care.

    ReplyDelete